Dallas Age Discrimination Lawyer
Choose a Firm that Will Protect Your Rights
The Texas Commission on Human Rights Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act both prohibit age discrimination in the workplace. These statutes prohibit discrimination against, and harassment of, workers who are forty years of age or older. Despite these statutory protections, age-related workplace discrimination is still quite common.
Scott Gilmore Thompson is committed to providing employee-focused legal assistance. The mission is to help individual employees without direct cost to them. Call a dedicated age discrimination attorney in Dallas at (214) 238-8444 today for a free case evaluation.
Forms of Age Discrimination
Below are 3 of the most common forms of age-related discrimination:
- Employers mistakenly assume that older employees are slower, less innovative, likely to make more mistakes, etc.
- Employers seek to remove older employees from their positions and replace them with younger, less experienced employees.
- Employers violate the technical rules, such as failure to provide employees with age data during a reduction in force.
How to Identify Workplace Age Discrimination
It is challenging to prove age-related discrimination in the workplace. One way is to identify patterns where younger workers are treated more favorably compared to older workers.
Other evidence of age discrimination can include:
- Training and apprenticeship, or any other program, that has age limitations
- A job advertisement or notice with an age limit
- A layoff that targets mostly older employees
- Being asked your age on a job application or in the hiring process
- A severance layoff that does not list the positions considered for the layoff, the ages of those retained, and the ages of those selected
- Age-related remarks, such as being nicknamed “old man,” comments about the workforce being “long in the tooth,” etc.
- Benefits packages that exclude older employees or offer greater benefits to younger employees
He is aggressive, professional, and most of all driven to get results back in favor of all of his clients. His knowledge of the law is impeccable and the network of people he knows is guaranteed to win any fight stood against them. I basically did nothi”- Morgan White
The process of pursuing an age discrimination claim is lengthy, complex, and time-consuming. You will need a Dallas age discrimination attorney to represent you. Employees typically have short time periods within which to bring claims, which is why you need a reputable lawyer in your community today. Avoid law firms that are not in your city or state, and if the firm looks like a far-off mill, then it probably is one. Firms located in other states who claim they have one lawyer licensed in your state are good ones to avoid. The National Employment Lawyers Association is an excellent resource to find a reputable employment attorney in your area. In Texas, the Texas Employment Lawyers Association is another great resource.
We Go to Court for You
With several decades worth of experience representing companies, Scott Gilmore Thompson lawyers are confident in the courtroom and know how to strategize and position your case well in trial.
Board Certified Attorney
Matthew Scott has held his Board Specialization in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization for over 20 years.
Honesty & Transparency
Scott Gilmore Thompson isn't interested in wasting anyone's time. You can expect honest, straightforward answers to your questions to get the help you need.
No two cases are ever the same. If we take your case, we will create a legal strategy that fits your unique situation and meets your personal needs.