Jamie Gilmore was born in Texas and has lived in North Texas, far South Texas, and seemingly everywhere in between. Jamie was raised in East Texas but received her undergraduate degree in the Rio Grande Valley. After college, she traveled north to San Antonio and graduated from St. Mary’s University School of Law. After law school, Jamie spent a year as the briefing attorney for Judge Barbara Hervey on the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in Austin. A year later, Jamie moved to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, and has lived there ever since. Jamie’s practice is statewide, and she happily travels anywhere in Texas to represent employees.
Jamie’s legal experience is wide and expansive, and she has handled a wide variety of matters through trial and appeal. While Jamie almost exclusively represents employees in employment law matters now, she has handled a variety of civil and criminal cases in her career. During her time in practice, Jamie has discovered that her true calling and love is rooted in helping employees with their employment law needs. Jamie’s legal practice is committed to advocating and representing those individuals who have been the victims of illegal and discriminatory actions by their employers.
When Jamie is not fighting for employees and their legal rights, Jamie is the mother of five sons. Along with three biological sons, Jamie and her husband Michael recently adopted two infant boys.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Class Action Securities Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation (including Breach of Contract and Fraud Cases)
- Business Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- State of Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Texas, Pan American – 2003 B.A., English
- St. Mary’s University School of Law – 2006 J.D. Honors: Magna Cum Laude
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Texas Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association